Did you know Ravelry has nearly 900 patterns for tea cozies? We found that fact so fascinating we decided to hold a Tea Cozy Contest! So pick up your knitting needles, crochet hook, or loom and enter to win a fabulous prize!
Will yours be classic/traditional or wild and crazy? How about trimming it out with buttons, pom-poms, ruffles, embroidery or beads? We can't wait to see what you think up!
Every contest has a few rules so here goes:
Tea cozies may be knit, crochet, or hand woven.
- The choice of yarn is up to you. We respectfully request you use yarn purchased at A Loom with a View, but feel free to embellish with stuff from your stash.
- Use an existing pattern or make one up.
- Entries will be displayed in the store and on Facebook and our website for two weeks so people can vote for their favorite. The tea cozy with the most votes wins. Simple!
- Cozies should be submitted with a teapot for display. Please don't bring us your irreplaceable heirloom china teapot as we just can't be responsible for accidental breakage.
- The deadline for entries is June 16th and the winner will be announced by the Fourth of July!
Naturally we will be happy to help you with yarn and pattern selection or questions you encounter along the way.
Get creative and good luck!